The Contract and jurisdiction
- The Contract shall be governed solely by these Terms and Conditions and shall constitute the whole agreement between STEP LATAM Conference Inc. (“SLC”) and the customer (“Delegate”).
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any communication between any of the Conference Organizers and the delegate, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The “Delegate” means the attendee who accepts these Terms and Conditions and (where the context admits) his or her employer or the company, firm or organization for whom he or she works or whom he or she represents.
- The ‘Conference’ means SCL, the STEP LATAM Conference.
- The ‘Contract’ means the contract constituted by these Terms and Conditions and the Delegate’s acceptance thereof by registering for attendance at the Conference and/or paying the registration fee.
- The ‘Conference Organizers’ means STEP LATAM Conference, their respective directors, officers and employees, the members of the Committee, ReBoot Consulting Group and each of their respective representatives and agents.
- “SLC” means STEP LATAM Conference.
- The ‘Committee’ means the steering committee which arranges the conference on behalf of STEP LATAM Conference
- Management company info is ReBoot Consulting Group
- The Conference is organized by SLC and the parties to the contract are the Delegate and SLC.
- SLC reserves the right to terminate the Contract at any time. In such event SLC shall arrange for the registration fee to be returned to the Delegate and the Conference Organizers’ liability will be limited to the amount of such fee.
- SLC reserves the right to make alterations to the Conference program, the timing of presentations and the Conference venue.
- In the event of it being necessary for SLC to postpone the Conference, none of the Conference Organizers will be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the Delegate or by any other person.
- In order to qualify for any ‘early bird’ rates, booking and payment must be received before the deadline date referred to on the Conference website.
- Overdue accounts may be charged interest at the rate of 2% per month on the outstanding balance.
- All fees payable to SLC by the Delegate shall be paid free and clear of all deductions or withholding whatsoever. If any deductions or withholdings are required by law to be made from any fees payable to SLC by the Delegate, the Delegate shall pay such sum as will, after the deduction or withholding has been made, leave SLC with the same amount as it would have been entitled to receive in the absence of any such requirement to make a deduction or withholding.
Substitutions and cancellations
- A Delegate may nominate an alternative person from his or her organization to attend the Conference up to 7 days prior to the start of the Conference at no extra charge. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges apply as follows:
- 8 weeks or more prior to start of the Conference: 10% of the registration fee.
- 4 to 8 weeks prior to start of the Conference: 50% of the registration fee; and
- i4 weeks or less prior to start of the Conference: 100% of the registration fee.
- None of the Conference Organizers shall be liable to the Delegate in the event that SLC is delayed in or prevented from the performance of its obligations by reason of force majeure which for the purposes hereof shall mean any cause of delay or prevention beyond its reasonable control and shall include strikes, lock-outs, riots, sabotage, acts of war, destruction or damage of essential equipment, earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire, explosion or reduction or unavailability of power or other service
- Views expressed by speakers are their own. The Conference Organizers shall not be liable for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the Conference or in any material provided to delegates.
- SLC may at any time, with or without giving notice, in its absolute discretion and without giving any reason, cancel or postpone the Conference, change its venue or any of the other published particulars, or withdraw any invitation to attend. None of the Conference Organizers shall be liable for any loss, liability, damage or expense as a consequence thereof.
- None of the Conference Organizers shall be liable for losses of any nature sustained by Delegates or accompanying persons or loss of, or damage to, their personal property as a result of the Conference or related events.
- None of the Conference Organizers shall be responsible for any type of personal injury suffered by the Delegates before, during and after the Conference. SLC strongly recommends that Delegates take out comprehensive medical and travel insurance, which should cover personal injuries risks for the Delegates. Accordingly none of the Conference Organizers shall be responsible for any losses arising from personal injury, death, loss or damage to property however caused or arising.
- None of the Conference Organizers shall be responsible for healthcare, dental and ambulance services during the Conference. SLC strongly recommends that Delegates take out comprehensive medical and travel insurance, which should cover the possibility of flight or hotel cancellation due to strikes, natural disasters and other causes. Accordingly none of the Conference Organizers shall be responsible for any losses arising from personal injury, death, loss or damage to property however caused or arising.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions , the Delegate acknowledges that his or her first and last name, employer and city information will be provided to sponsors, and that such information can only be used for marketing purposes and the sponsors shall not share the information with third parties. SLC does not endorse, and can take no responsibility for any third party marketing emails/mailings sent.
- SLC may publish the Delegate’s company and country on SLC´s website. Delegates may opt out and request that his/her information be removed from the SLC´s website by contacting contact1@steplatamconference.
Accessibility and alcohol consumption
- SLC will, to the extent which this is within its control, provide an accessible environment to all disabled Delegates. This includes giving disabled visitors the opportunity to disclose confidentiality their support needs in advance of their visit. The Delegate should advise SLC of such needs at least two weeks prior to the date on which the Conference commences. Whilst SLC agrees to use all reasonable endeavors to cater for any such special requirements it shall be under no obligation to do so and failure to do so will not amount to any breach by SLC of the Contract.
Alcoholic beverages will or may be served at one or more of the evening hospitality events forming part of the Conference programme, some of which may (depending on the program for the particular Conference) involve bussing and boat trips to other venues. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions the Delegate acknowledges that it is his or her sole responsibility to ensure that the level of his or her alcohol consumption is not such as to place him or her at risk of injury when embarking or disembarking (or when on board) the vessel (or otherwise).